The values that guide and shape Islamic Relief’s policies and work is listed below:
- Accountability: We are accountable to:
- Our Creator in all that we do.
- Our supporters for the way we use their contributions.
- Our beneficiaries to provide the assistance they need, when they need it, in an appropriate manner.
- Our colleagues to carry out our responsibilities to the best of our abilities.
- The governing rules, laws and regulations of authorities.
- Humanitarianism: We will provide help as required to the best of our abilities. In doing so we will:
- Preserve our beneficiaries' dignity.
- Communicate courteously with our supporters.
- Deal with our colleagues with respect.
- Abide by the laws and customs of the communities we work with.
- Ensure that staff is empowered to carry out their responsibilities.
- In being responsive to people in need, we will adapt to changing circumstances.
- To achieve this, we will:
- Constantly develop innovative ways to help people in need.
- Overcome risks and challenges to reach those in need, wherever they may be. We will work in dangerous areas, taking all possible precautions, and will not be deterred from carrying out our work, even when we know there is an increased risk to our own safety.
- Be responsive to our colleagues to ensure we deliver help to those who need it, even when this will inconvenience us.
- Neutrality and impartiality: When offering help in conflict areas, we will remain neutral between the warring parties.
We will be independent when taking decisions in the best interests of our beneficiaries.
- Inclusiveness: We will work with others to help the worlds needy, regardless of race, colour, political affiliation, gender or belief.
- Integrity: We will:
- Act with sincerity, honesty and truthfulness.
- Always conduct our work according to best practice.
- Ensure the means we use will be based on the highest moral values.
- Co-operation: We will seek to co-operate and co-ordinate with others to achieve efficiency in our vision of helping people in need.